Monday, April 29, 2013

Coconut, Collards and a moment with Divine Mother

As I rinse and peel the vegetables for my new self-imagined soup recipe, I think about how the illusion of separation ravages our world and so much pain would dissolve if only we could embrace our unity and connection to All That Is. Much of what I teach is that of Unity and closing the separation, or rather exposing the illusion of separation. As I stand there at the kitchen sink, a host of methods to embody this unity in a Group Gathering light up my consciousness. A cool breeze pours through the kitchen window blowing my face in the most loving way. As I toss the vegetables into the pot I think how that was a nice endorsement from Divine Mother and my heart is joyful. In the other room "Awake My Soul" by Mumford and Sons plays. I smile.

The blessing of divine guidance and connection is all around. The practice is being open, sensitive and quiet enough to gather these messages. And the reward is the joy and peace it brings.

***************************************************************************
Mark your calendars for the upcoming Group Gatherings: 
May 16th at 7pm and May 19th at 12pm  
This month's theme: "Exposing the Illusion of Separation: Restoring the Harmony Within" 
Full details and event flyer coming soon... 
*************************************************************************** 

Now for fun, here is the recipe. I consider this my Healing and Nurturing Soup:

Coconut Collards Soup
(Vegan and Gluten Free)

I put everything in the pot in this order:

Medium heat
1 box Vegetable Broth
4 cloves garlic chopped (tiny)
1 yellow onion chopped
1 1/2 inch ginger cut like coins
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
salt to taste
4 carrots peeled
3 celery stocks
1 zucchini
1 bunch of collard greens
(chop or cut up the veggies any way you please)
Change heat to medium/low for 10 or 15 minutes

Lower heat to low of simmer
Half can of coconut milk
Bragg's Amino Acids to taste
Leave for 1 hour then turn off heat.

I serve it with Jasmine Rice

I am not a chef (by any means), but I am pretty pleased and proud of this culinary adventure. It got me through laryngitis, minor sinus infection and allergies. Perfect for when you want to eat something nurturing and easy for your body to process. I have recreated it a couple times. The vegetables can be exchanged for whatever veggie you like best. This is just what I used today.



No comments:

Post a Comment